Holy Cross Health
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system with a commitment to being the most trusted provider of health care services in the area. Holy Cross Hospital, in Silver Spring, is one of the largest hospitals in Maryland, and Holy Cross Germantown Hospital is the first hospital in the nation on a community college campus, enhanced by an educational partnership. The Holy Cross Health Network operates primary care practices and affordable health centers and offers a wide range of innovative, community-based health and wellness programs. Specialty care, home care and hospice services round out Holy Cross Health's high-quality and coordinated continuum of care that aims to improve health and move life ahead for individuals and populations in the communities served.
Safely Caring for Seniors
Holy Cross Health has a long-standing commitment to specialized medicine that meets the specific needs of older patients, their families and caregivers. Across our comprehensive programs, services and facilities, our health system's approach to senior care focuses on helping individuals achieve their best quality of life.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Holy Cross Health is taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, colleagues, physicians and community members. Learn more.
Our diverse and far-reaching range of services offers care at every level: healthy-aging programs, at-home care, inpatient services, support services for caregivers and much more. The philosophy that guides us is simple: we offer patients the quality care, dignity, safety and comfort they deserve.
Holy Cross Health's senior health services include:
- The nation’s first Seniors Emergency Center, a dedicated space at Holy Cross Hospital designed to reduce anxiety, promote comfort and provide top quality care
- Primary care practices in Gaithersburg and Kensington, staffed with providers who have expertise in caring for senior patients
- Virtual care (telehealth) services to address a variety of health concerns from the comfort of home
- High-quality medical and surgical programs and specialists to address health issues including orthopedics, cancer, brain and spine disorders, and women’s health concerns
- Inpatient Senior Care Services dedicated to quality, patient-centered care.
- Home-based Services to support patients who need care at home during illness or recovery
- Fitness and wellness programs to help seniors get and stay healthy through exercise, wellness education, health screenings and more (now available virtually)
- Disease prevention and management services help seniors better manage chronic illness—and prevent complications and injury
- Resources for caregivers and families, including support groups
- End-of-life care that promotes quality of life at every stage of illness, and supports patients and families as they face end-of-life issues